The Amigo Point Of Sale 2008 to release Remote Video Display Interface in July 2008 as a free update. This application runs on any standard or mini PC running .Net 3.5, including MS Windows XP and Vista. A programmable keyboard (bump bar) is recommended, although a touch screen will work as well. In addition, this application will resize itself to any screen resolution, allowing the use of large monitors mounted out of reach but still easily readable.
The display can run in ticket mode or list mode. When running in ticket mode, up to 12 tickets can be viewed at one time. In list mode, each menu item is displayed on a single line; useful for drive through environments.
Remote Video Display
Posted in Restaurant Pos, Retail Pos
Tagged amigo, Amigo Pos, bar, carry-out, Dine-In, fast-food, night-club, nightclub, pizza software, pos, remote display, video display
PRM 5.3.3 Gold has been released, and is available in the Download Section.
The Gold release of POSitive Retail Manager, version 5.3.3, has been release on 7/16/2008. A full install and an update install are available in the download section.
If you are evaluating PRM for your retail business, the full install is the installation you should download. There is no time limit, only a limit on the number of records you can add (50 invoices, 50 inventory items, 50 customers).
This release fixes several issues and adds several new features, including:
- New Batch Conversion Options – “Place Balance Due On Customer Account”, “Convert In Stock Items Only”, “Auto-Print processed transactions”
- New “Launch Invoice On Start” option in Employee Settings
- Deleted Inventory Can Be Recovered – Deleted Items Manager under Inventory/Maintenance, Can Purge or Recover deleted items
- Support for WA State Location Based Tax, Can Import WA State Taxes, PRM now supports thousands of tax rates (if necessary)
- Simplified Purchasing Summary – When completing a PO, Summary Screen shows more information
- “Change Due” screen appears quickly! – Now shows BEFORE printing begins
- “Send To” button on Transaction Log – Handy for exporting to Excel
- Speed-Up Of Inventory Browses – PRM Automatically creates optimized indexes
- Image Dump/Image Import – Easily export all images from the SQL database, or import them
- Additonal stability enhancements and bug fixes
|POSitive Software has updated versions of their popular point of sale software products to include improved support for Washington State’s new destination-based sales tax. This change in the tax law will affect all Washington retailers who make deliveries within the state.“Destination-based sales tax is major part of the national Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement, which has been adopted by more than 20 states”, said Wayne Heaton, V.P. of sales for POSitive Software. “POSitive Software products have always supported destination-based sales tax, but now Washington state retailers that make deliveries have to contend with hundreds of possible taxing jurisdictions.”“Washington state retailers who use POSitive products can now import current tax information right into their software”, continued Heaton. “This is going to be a tremendous timesaver when new tax files are released every quarter.”
All current versions of POSitive Software products, POSitive Retail Manager, POSitive for Windows and AveraSell can now import the Washington state quarterly sales tax file. Other state tax files that use the same format may also be imported.
Free Product Demo Available
Current users of POSitive Software products and retailers who need a better solution for handling destination-based sales tax can download a free demo of our latest software at http://www.gopositive.com .
POSitive Software Company was founded in 1993 to develop and market point-of-sale software. The Company serves customers in North America, the Caribbean, United Kingdom, South Africa and Australia.
PFW Basic Edition… Free!
Mdtcs.com is now offering Positive for windows basic edition for free. How about getting a free POS software? We’ve brought back POSitive for Windows Basic Edition, Single User for just that purpose. All customers that apply for an AveraCharge account will get PFW Basic Single User at no cost.
Positive for windows basic edition also works with POSitive Commerce. It’s a “no brainer”! You get a great basic POS software for FREE and plus credit card processing, e-commerce!
So, what’s the catch? Well, we’re only giving away PFW Basic Single User. You’re also not getting the following:
- No free support
- No CD or manual. PFW is available for downloading .
- No discount for upgrading to PFW Pro or PRM.